Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lots of work being done

Wow, the past couple of days have been super busy. The game is coming along nicely, and I feel pretty good about getting to an alpha phase around the end of August. We have some new art that looks really sweet, and the story is coming along nicely. I updated the balance of the battle system a little bit and that seems to be working out well. I like where we are in the development phase because it's all coming together pretty quickly after working super hard and not having much to actually show for it. Today I added two cut scenes, a new map, a character, introduced the runes, three new enemies, and two new map animations that help with moving around. Not bad for one day of programming.

I really hope to start sharing some more artwork and info about the game. I don't want to give away too much of the mechanics until we're closer to release, but seeing some sweet art always helps get everyone excited. I will say that all of the mechanics are designed with the iPhone in mind. The controls are all specific to the device, and I think they're really intuitive. Hopefully others will find that to be the case as well.

Anyways, I'm kind of on a roll so I'm going to head back to coding. I don't think anyone's really reading just yet, but I'm gonna keep posting just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment